The Al Akhawayn University's mission is to foster the growth of engineering and scientific knowledge and its application through education and research, with special emphasis on the development needs of Morocco.
In its activities, the School seeks to:
• Attract top students and students with great potential, and prepare them for a career in different engineering and science related fields according to current market needs;
• Produce BS graduates who have a strong core understanding in basic science, engineering and mathematics with the ability to continue to learn how to apply this expertise to a range of engineering problems;
• Prepare students to succeed as leaders, professionals, life-long learners, and responsible citizens;
• Produce graduates with good communication skills enabling them to communicate effectively with people from many disciplines;
• Promote research, scholarship, and creative endeavors, with emphasis on R&D and entrepreneurship activities;
• Interact and cooperate with other academic institutions, professional bodies, and the community;
• Play a leadership role in the economic and social developments of Morocco.
The Al Akhawayn University hosted the first NATO SfP-982620 Project follow-up meeting which gathered its NATO country as well as Mediterranean dialogue partners in Ifrane, Morocco. This two-day meeting attended by academic and industrial participants was held on February 13-13 2009 on the campus of the University.
NATO SfP-982620 Presentation during Follow-up meeting at Al Akhawayn University:
Dr. Khalid Loudiyi, Co-director NATO SfP-982620, School of Science and Engineering Al Akhawayn University (AUI) in Ifrane, Morocco.